Students applying for financial aid will need to complete the following steps:
- Complete a FAFSA: The 2018-19 FAFSA is currently available to complete for the subscriptions between June 2018 and May 2019. Use school code 003588.
- Funding options may include Pell Grant and Direct Loan Subsidized/Unsubsidized loan eligibility, and alternative student loans.
- Make sure to create a FSA ID and password at FSA ID. (If you are a dependent student at least one parent will need a FSA ID.)
- The FSA ID will be used for both the FAFSA and loan documents.
- UMHB will receive your FAFSA results within 5 business days from the Department of Education.
- Financial Aid Awards: The Financial Aid Office will calculate an award package and notify the student via email within a few days after receiving the FAFSA.
- The UMHB Financial Aid Office will follow up with an email asking for other forms and documentation that may be required in order to verify information you provided on the FAFSA.
- If you are applying for VA benefits or Tuition Assistance, contact our Military Services and Certification Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 254-295-4236.